Respond and reimagine grants provide funding to help museums, galleries and cultural organisations respond to immediate challenges connected to the Covid-19 crisis, and offer support to adapt and reimagine ways of working for the longer-term future.
This programme has been developed in response to our sector consultation which identified our priority areas for support: Audiences, Collections, Digital and Workforce. You told us what you needed; this is our funding to support you and your ideas as we adapt together.
Responding to now
These grants can provide practical support to fund what you need now. This could relate to costs connected to re-opening, such as staffing, equipment or training, or planning for future activities. We want you to tell us what will be most helpful to you. If your organisation is experiencing an immediate crisis with no alternative sources of funding, we can consider offering emergency support to help you manage during this difficult period.
Reimagining the next
We realise the situation is tough, but where we can, we want our funding to provide opportunities for organisations to get creative with an idea that might help them adapt for the future. If we fund you and it doesn’t work out the way you planned, that’s ok – daring to try something which might not work out quite as planned can provide valuable learning or help identify an alternative solution. As the landscape continues to change, we want our support to provide the flexibility you need to navigate the period ahead beyond reopening.
Are you eligible?
We are happy to receive applications from UK public museums, galleries, historic houses, libraries and archives that:
– ordinarily have spaces for the public to visit and experience the visual arts or other object-based collections. This could include natural history, maritime and transport, archaeology and social history.
– can demonstrate that you usually operate to best practice standards or have a good track record in delivering high quality public activity.
If you are an organisation that is a visual arts agency or festival, we’d be happy to hear from you providing you can meet the above and have a strong visual arts focus. Sadly, we can’t support theatre, music, dance or other art forms.
When to apply
There are three funding rounds for these grants:
– Round 1: Apply by Monday 6 July 2020, and we’ll aim to get you a decision by 31 July 2020
– Round 2: Apply by Monday 17 August 2020, and we’ll aim to get you a decision by 21 September 2020
– Round 3: Apply by Monday 12 October 2020, and we’ll aim to get you a decision by 9 November 2020