We're asking arts and cultural organisations to sign up and use their own programmes to help meet this goal. We also identified some specific actions that we see as essential to help us achieve this goal:
Children and young people are able to take the lead in developing their cultural lives
- Development of Arts Award is prioritised across Cambridge.
- Practical routes for children and young people to take the lead are developed.
- Schools and arts and cultural organisations commit to enabling young people to take the lead.
- Long term relationships between schools and arts and cultural organisations are established.
- Arts and cultural organisations co-ordinate information and communication with schools (on-line and face to face).
- Activity outside traditional venues is prioritised.
- Decision-makers are given the right knowledge and tools to make effective decisions.
- The diversity of arts and cultural activity enjoyed by young people is recognised and respected.
- Effective local research is taking place
Using your existing programmes to help meet the My Cambridge goalIf your activity already meets - or can be easily adjusted to meet - one or more of the priority areas listed above we are very keen to hear from you and would encourage you to use the My Cambridge logo to demonstrate your association.
To use the My Cambridge logo simply download and complete our logo use agreement, and return it to us. My Cambridge logo use agreement [PDF, 319kB]
Your activity can also be promoted on the My Cambridge events and activities listings page.
Partnership workingWe are actively seeking partners to work with us, to help shape the programme and help identify further resources to deliver. If you have future plans that you think will fit with My Cambridge please let us know by emailing [email protected].
CommissioningThere will be a number of commissioning opportunities through My Cambridge, to support targeted work. If you are interested in being considered for a commission again, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Who is My Cambridge?We have formally adopted the project along with Cambridgeshire County Council, Cambridge Arts and Cultural Leaders, ChYpPS, the Kite Teaching School Alliance, NIE, Norfolk and Norwich Festival Bridge, and University of Cambridge Museums. A steering group with representatives of each of these bodies is taking it forward. A wide range of arts and cultural organisations, schools and others are already bringing forward activity under the key outcomes. For the identified key collective actions, a process of project development is now underway, identifying potential delivery partners, accessing feasibility and delivery options, and moving towards either commissioning or partnership working as appropriate.
Explore more: www.mycambridge.org.uk.
Follow My Cambridge via twitter @mycambs.